Falls Creek is a Christian youth camp that is all summer long in Davis, Oklahoma. We attend one week out of the summer. While there we get to not only play games and enjoy the fellowship with each other but we also study God’s word. We attend worship services two times a day, morning and evening. There is break out groups where we get to connect with youth from all over the state and learn more about God. Falls Creek is our favorite time of the year. We learn so much about God and then get to bring it back to our community and school and teach other youth.
How much does Falls Creek cost per student?
- The cost is generally between $30- $50 per student. However, we like for the student to do their part in helping raise money for camp. We believe it teaches them that when they sow into God’s people, He will provide for them and they will reap the benefits.
- Luke 6:38; “Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.“
Are the youth supervised?
- Yes, the youth will be looked after. The boys sleep in the boys dorm in the cabin and the girls sleep in the girls dorm in the cabin. There is a youth leader who sleeps (all week) in the dorms with the youth. The students are not allowed to go into the dorm of the opposite sex.
How old do I have to be in order to attend?
- Students must be between the age of 7th grade (going into) and a senior in high school (or just graduated high school).
What should I pack?
- Packing lists are generally sent out before leaving for Falls Creek.
- The main thing kids should bring is bedding; sheet, blanket, sleeping bag, pillow, bible, notebook, pen/pencil, toiletries, towels (more than 1), shorts (knee length), t-shirts, closed toes shoes, sunscreen, and a water bottle.
Will I be able to call home or have visitors?
- Yes, there is free down time that students are able to call home or have visitors come visit. However, remember this is a time for the students to be with peers and be unplugged from the outside world. Their main focus for the week should be getting to know God on a deeper level.
- On Wednesday night the church generally comes up and has dinner and then goes to night service.
For more questions you can contact the church or our Youth Pastor.